3AP Impact Studypublished: March 13, 2017
3AP (3Arts Projects) is a unique crowdfunding platform with a built-in match that helps Chicago artists finance new creative work.
Since 2012, the program has supported more than 70 projects, distributed more than $300,000 to Chicago artists, and maintained an unprecedented 100% success rate with all projects reaching or exceeding their funding goals. As a result, artists are creating important new work in Chicago that otherwise may not have seen the light of day.
Each year, we survey artists after their 3AP campaigns have been funded and projects completed. We collect these survey results into an Impact Study that helps illustrate this program's ripple effect across Chicago and beyond, including:
- Demographics of 3AP artists
- Variety of projects supported
- How 3AP funding was used
- Where resulting projects took place
- Audiences engaged by 3AP projects
- If/how it led to other opportunities for artists
- 3AP Artist Spotlights: Shani Crowe and William Estrada
The current Impact Study includes cumulative survey information from 65 artists from January 2012 through June 2016, and is available for download below.